Monday, March 24, 2008

Mmmm...thin mints

So I sure did give in this year and bought some thin mints from the cute little girl scouts that came to my door. I thought I would be adventurous and buy some tagalongs too, but let's just say, I won't be buying them again. Dave asked why I would buy anything but thin mints...the answer is: I just don't know. They are so yummy! When girl scout cookies aren't available, we chow down on Keebler Grasshopper cookies. They are just as good in my opinion (and cheaper!) However, today I found out that if you take a bite out of the top and the bottom of a thin mint, you can drink milk thru it like a straw. So I tried it...and it totally works! Wow, they are worth the money.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Those are the exact girl scout cookies that I bought as well! My favorite thing to do with the thin mints is to stick them in the freezer...sounds weird but they taste soooo good frozen and cold! You should give it a whirl! I love girl scout season!

stephanie said...

I'm not sure how to buy girl scout cookies here, DARN. I will say that drinking milk through them sounds like a very good time - I'm so disappointed there isn't a picture of you doing it. Tell Dave to take one ASAP!!

Claire said...

yum we got some too! Jaran loves them out of the freezer. I like Samoas, and I'm not even a big fan of coconut, you should try them. I think Jaran got to have about 2 of those and I ate the rest...oops, I eat WAY too many sweets! And you're right about the tagalongs, they just taste weird...they all got eaten though, don't worry. I don't get the drinking milk thing though, you'll have to show me.

Nicole Ritchie Eskelson said...

Pal, I vote for Samoa cookies myself but I will still be your friend for liking the thin mints. The lemon cookies are yummy too.