Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Potty Training Trauma


Hillie and I have a deal that as soon as she goes potty in her potty seat, she gets to buy the movie "A Bug's Life".  So this morning I asked if I could put curlers in her hair and she said "yeah, then we can buy bug's life!" And I laughed nooooo we don't, and she responded "Oh, you're probably right!" She's so fun!
Although...
While I'm on the subject, I desperately need HELP with potty training!  I have tried everything I can think of, and nothing is working for her.  It seems like she is interested sometimes, (ie. "Get me out of these diapers!" or "When I go pee pee in the potty, then I can buy bug's life.")  but then actually getting her to sit there is a joke!  It's like even though she is crazy smart, she just doesn't understand the concept of going on the potty seat.  So if anyone is reading this and has ANY IDEAS AT ALL, please, please let me know.  I need help!

2 comments:

paige said...

Cute new layout! Good luck with the potty training. I'm not quite there yet, but I can tell it's coming! I have friends that let their kids pick out special underwear to get them excited, or buy "potty books" that you can only read on the potty. When we babysit my niece we set the timer for 20 minutes & when it goes off she knows it's time to go to the bathroom. Then we set it again & the cycle continues. Good luck! I may be asking you for tips this summer! It would be nice to have only one child in diapers at a time. :)

Claire said...

I don't have many tips because basically, you know I am going through the same thing. But a friend swore by this movie called, "Once Upon A Potty For Her." I got it from the library and Addy liked it, but we had to return it before she really got into it, so I keep meaning to get it again. Anyway, you could try that. Let me know when you get it figured out and then maybe I will too:) p.s. your blog is WAY cute!