Friday, November 26, 2010

Dumb Friends League

DUMB Friends League is right.

Wednesday night while we were busy making pies for Thanksgiving, Duke needed to go outside, so we let him out without his leash thinking that it was so stinkin' cold he would come right back. We kept baking and baking, and a while later Dave realized that Duke had never come back inside. He went out and called/whistled for him which usually brings him right back, and there was no sign of Duke anywhere. So Dave drove around for an hour looking for him, and couldn't find the him anywhere. Then I drove around for an hour thinking that maybe I would have better luck, but didn't. It was so stinkin' cold that Dave said he wouldn't last thru the night, and I felt sick thinking that we would go out Thanksgiving morning and find him dead somewhere, frozen to death.

We didn't know what else to do, so Dave called police dispatch to alert them and we went to bed.

Thursday morning our friend Chad called to see if Dave was going to the Turkey Bowl and Dave explained what happened to Duke and that he was going to stay home and keep looking for him. Not long after that, Chad's wife called saying that she found him! (YAY Katie!) She had the thought to check the "Dumb Friends League" website's Lost & Found pets, and there was his picture. Someone had found him and turned him in.

Of course they weren't open on Thanksgiving Day, so this morning I went to bail him out. I had a picture of him on my phone and all the info matching his microchip, so after a $50 "boarding fee" he was ours once again. Hallelujah!

I don't know who found him or when or where, but we're just glad to have him back...our snorty, stinky, slobbery, obnoxious, DUMB dog. We love our Dufus!


2 comments:

Sheri said...

That is a funny website name, but glad that they have it out there! Glad your slobbery dog is back home with you guys! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Lisa said...

Im so glad you found him! As I was reading your post, I got a little choked up (Pretty silly huh). Merry Christmas! Hopefully everything is going well for you! Miss you!